Welcome to the AMSSA
The Australian Muslim Social Services Agency (AMSSA) is a not-for profit organization based in Melbourne Victoria, that provides services that are tailored for the experiences and needs of the growing Muslim community in Australia.
AMSSA was established in 1990 with the sole purpose of creating a space or (a mosque) where the Muslim community could offer their daily prayers, however as the needs of the emerging Muslim community grew, AMSSA took the responsibility of providing the space and the support required to address those needs.
Today AMSSA has grown to become a well-recognized services provider and has built partnerships with more than 100 organizations (both public and private) to deliver services that will enable a vibrant Muslim community that will contribute to a diverse and resilient Australian Society through the values of Islam.
a vibrant and a resilient Muslim community that contributes socially and economically to the Australian Society.
- To maintain the AMSSA Centre as a grassroots facility that serves the Muslim Community
- To enhance understanding of Islam, empower Australian Muslims and build a better future for the Australian Muslim community
- To strengthen the backbone of the Muslim community’s identity
- To build youth and community capacity through targeted education and training
- To assist the growth of strong, sustainable, articulate, and effective Muslim communities within Australia.
- To facilitate a more active and healthier-life style for young Muslim men and women to grow and thrive
Our Counselling service is the first of its kind, the service offers the community
We at AMSSA believe that young people are the backbone of our community
Community with over 62 different
Over 1,200 men and women attend the
weekly Jumma prayer service.
60 percent of our community
is under the age of 34.
Ramadan Prep Workshop, More Details